I am a patterned paper junkie! I admit it. I love using patterned papers on my layouts. But sometimes it can be tricky to incorporate busy designs with multiple photos without being completely overwhelming. That’s why I was drawn to these Scenic Route scrapbooking papers. As you can see, they are highly detailed but also subtle enough that they don’t crowd my photos. What do you think?
This layout was created using Scenic Route Devonport paper, Scenic Route Capetown Roeland paper, dark green cardstock, white cardstock, black ink and a black pen.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the dark green cardstock as your background.
2. Cut a piece of Scenic Route Devonport paper measuring approximately 25.5cm by 28.5cm. Ink the edges with black ink. When dry, glue to your background approximately 1cm from the top edge and 1cm from the right edge.
3. Cut a strip measuring approximately 11cm wide from the underside of Scenic Route Roeland paper. Ink the edges with black ink. When dry, glue vertically to your page approximately 3cm from the right edge.
4. Mat two vertical 4×6 photos, one horizontal 4×6 photo and one vertical 3×4 photo with white cardstock.
5. Place one vertical 4×6 photo towards the top right corner of your page. Place your horizontal 4×6 photo next to it so that the top edges of both photos are inline with each other.
6. Now, place your remaining vertical 4×6 photo below your horizontal 4×6 photo so that the right edges of both photos are inline with each other.
7. Place your 3×4 photo in the remaining space so that it is inline with your other photos, as shown in the layout above.
8. Cut 8-12 (I have used 11) strips of white cardstock measuring approximately 6cm by 1cm. Ink the edges with black ink. When dry, use a black pen to write your journaling in each strip. Arrange them in the space down the left side of your page, as shown in the layout above.
9. Cut out a selection of different sized star shapes from the underside of Scenic Route Roeland paper. Place two in the top right corner of your page, three in middle of your page and three around your journaling, as shown in the layout above.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.
I think it turned out wonderfully. The colors you chose were perfect. I use a lot of patterned paper too, but I wouldn’t dare if I didn’t adore my paper trimmer so much. Thanks for the great idea.
Hi to every one, it’s genuinely a nice for me to pay a quick visit this
web page, it consists of useful Information.
Now I am going away to ddo my breakfast, after
having my breakfast coming over again to read further news.