Bright, happy colours, a touch of doodling and a splash of sunshine are the perfect ingredients for a refreshing summer scrapbooking layout.
And I have used all of these elements in the layout below. The bright, happy colours are featured in the array of playful Sassafras Lass papers, the doodling in the pink dots drawn around the circle and the sunshine from the joy on the faces in the photo. True, I have also used a sunshine sticker, but this could easily have been replaced with any summery sticker – flip flops, a tropical flower, a beach ball…anything you wish.
Of course, the quote also assists in creating my summer scrapbooking theme. It reads:
Wherever you go – no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
Materials Used: Turquoise Bazzill cardstock, Sassafras Lass Sew Fine Henrietta Paper, Sassafras Lass In Stitches Bubbly Paper, Sassafras Lass In Stitches Delight Paper, Sassafras Lass In Stitches Twiggy Paper, Doodlebug Pink Stripes paper, blue cardstock, blue ink, pink ink, pink glitter pen, a sun sticker and Bo Bunny Be Yourself Phrases stickers.
To recreate this summer scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the Turquoise Bazzill cardstock for your background.
2. Cut a piece measuring 14cm by 14.5cm from the bottom right corner of the Sassafras Lass Sew Fine Henrietta Paper. Ink the edges with blue ink and adhere to the right edge of your page, approximately 7.5cm from the bottom.
3. Cut two strips of Doodlebug Pink Stripes paper measuring approximately 14cm by 1cm. Ink the edges with pink ink. Adhere the first strip horizontally above the Henrietta paper, leaving a small gap between the two papers and the second strip below it, as shown in the layout above.
4. Cut out a circle from Sassafras Lass In Stitches Bubbly Paper. The diameter should be approximately 23cm. Trim off one edge, as shown in the summer scrapbooking layout above. Ink the edges with blue ink and adhere to the left side of your page.
5. Now it’s time to start doodling! Using a pink glitter pen, draw a border of dots around your circle. If you wish, you can hide a date or small piece of journaling among your dots as well.
NOTE: Doodling does not have to be complicated or difficult to add style and personality to your scrapbooking page. In fact, in this layout, drawing a simple border of dots around a central element was enough to give emphasis to my photo and add a little pizzazz to my page. If you are new to doodling, try something simple like this and before long you will be featuring it on all of your pages with confidence.
6. Cut a piece of Sassafras Lass In Stitches Twiggy Paper measuring approximately 7.5cm by 17cm. Ink the edges with blue ink. Adhere vertically in your circle a little left of centre.
7. Cut two pieces of Sassafras Lass In Stitches Delight Paper measuring approximately 5cm by 16cm. Ink the edges with blue ink. If you like, you can also outline the edges with your pink glitter pen. Adhere at an angle either side of the Twiggy paper from the previous step, as shown in the summer scrapbook page above.
8. Mat your photo with blue cardstock and adhere in the centre of your circle.
9. Place a sun sticker (or any other summer sticker) in the top left corner of your photo.
10. Finally, add a quote (or some journaling) in the bottom right corner of your page. My quote comes from Bo Bunny Be Yourself Phrases stickers.
And voila! A fun, happy summer scrapbooking layout! And best of all, it can be adapted to suit any summery photo you have in your ‘to scrap’ stash! You just new a few supplies to get started.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas for summer scrapbooking layouts. Please leave a comment in the comments box below.