Many patterned papers are a work of art in themselves and these Fancy Pants scrapbooking papers are no different. Often when using such beautiful papers, I want to showcase the design of the papers just as much as I want to show off my photo/s. The challenge is then to make your photo part of the work of art. This layout demonstrates a simple way of achieving this.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use Fancy Pants Free Spirit Passion Paper as your background. Ink the edges with a leafy green and set aside to dry.
2. Cut out the large iris, five small blue flowers and the small green swirl from the Fancy Pants Wildheart Wild Iris Paper. Try to leave the left side of the paper intact as you will need it later. Set aside.
3. Mat your 4×6 photo with the top right corner of the remaining sheet of Wild Iris paper. Mat again with the underside of the same paper. Adhere to your background towards the left side of the page, keeping in mind where your large iris will go.
4. Adhere the large iris in the top right corner of the page.
5. Place your title above your photo. I have chosen the ‘Paradise’ sticker from Diecuts With A View Scenic Vacation Quotes stickers not only because it says what I want it to say, but the black scroll font compliments the black scrolls on the background paper. Accent with a blue flower.
6. Adhere the green scroll in the bottom left corner of your photo. Layer three small blue flowers on the end, as shown in the layout above.
7. Finish off your page by gluing your remaining blue flower towards the bottom left corner of the page.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.