Paisley scrapbooking ideas are perfect for pages where a sense of youthful energy is important. In this layout of my nephew, I wanted to capture his creative, playful spirit. The implied fluidic movement of paisley combined with the funky, modern colours from Pebbles Inc allowed me to do so with ease. What do you think? Do you like it?
This layout was created using Pebbles Inc Theodore Paper Pack, dark blue Bazzill cardstock, brown Bazzill cardstock, light blue Bazzill cardstock, white cardstock, brown cardstock and Pebbles Inc Great Buy Labels stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the dark blue Bazzill cardstock as your background.
2. Cut a piece of Theodore Stripe paper measuring approximately 12cm by 1.8cm. Glue horizontally in the bottom right corner of your page so that it is up against the right edge and approximately 1.5cm above the bottom edge.
3. Cut a piece of Theodore Circle paper measuring approximately 18.3cm by 29.5cm. Mat with white cardstock so there is a white border all the way around, except for the bottom edge. Glue vertically to your page so that it touches the bottom edge and is approximately 1cm from the left edge.
4. Cut a piece of Theodore Paisley paper measuring approximately 18.5cm by 25.5cm. Tear from the bottom left corner to approximately 5cm up the right side to create a diagonal line, as shown in the layout above. Glue vertically to your page approximately 3.2cm from the top edge and 2cm from the right edge.
5. Cut a strip of Theodore Stripe paper approximately 3cm thick. Mat with white cardstock. Glue horizontally across your page approximately 7.5cm from the bottom edge.
6. Mat a vertical 4×6 photo with white cardstock and again with brown Bazzill cardstock. Glue to your page so that it is approximately 4.5cm from the top edge and 6.3cm from the right edge. It should overlap with your striped paper.
7. Mat the blue ‘One of a Kind sticker with white cardstock and glue towards the bottom right corner of your photo, as shown in the layout above. Cut out a dark brown paisley shape from the Theodore Paisley paper and glue it in the bottom right corner of this sticker. Cut out a second, larger paisley shape and glue
8. Cut out a second, larger paisley shape and glue so that it overlaps the top left corner of your photo, as shown above.
9. Mat the brown ‘Enjoy Life’ sticker with white cardstock and glue in the bottom right corner of your page approximately 1.5cm from the right edge and 0.8cm from the bottom edge. Cut out a green paisley shape from the Theodore Paisley paper and glue it in the bottom right corner of this sticker.
10. Cut out your title from light blue Bazzill cardstock. Mat with brown cardstock and glue sideways up the left side of your page, as shown in the layout above.
11. Finally, cut out a handful of paisley shapes from the Theodore Paisley paper and glue them around your title for decoration.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.