Scrapbooking stickers are very effective for sprucing up a layout quickly. I particularly love using stickers for titles and headings, as they save so much time! This layout was extremely fast to put together but by using a balanced design, some very carefully placed stickers and a title sticker, it is still an effective and eye-pleasing page. What do you think?
This layout was created using orange Bazzill cardstock, Daisy D’s Bark School Book Check paper, Hot Off The Press Brown Speckle paper, dark green cardstock, white cardstock, a black pen and Stamping Station Australia stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the orange Bazzill cardstock as your background.
2. Cut a piece of Daisy D’s Bark School Book Check paper measuring approximately 23cm by 26.5cm. Use a black pen and a ruler to draw a border just inside the edges all the way around. Glue vertically in the centre of your page.
3. Use a black pen and a ruler to draw a border around the outside of your Bark paper, leaving a small gap as shown in the layout above.
4. Cut a piece of Hot Off The Press Brown Speckle paper measuring approximately 19.5cm by 25cm. Use a black pen and a ruler to draw a border just inside the edges all the way around. Glue vertically in the centre of your page.
5. Cut a piece of dark green cardstock measuring approximately 30.5cm by 10.8cm. Glue horizontally across your page approximately 9.5cm from the top edge.
6. Place two horizontal 4×6 photos next to each other in the centre of the strip of dark green cardstock and glue down.
7. Select your kangaroo and kookaburra stickers from your sheet of Stamping Station Australia stickers. Stick them on white cardstock and cut them out. Try to leave a very thin white border all the way around each one to help them stand out. Glue the kangaroo in the bottom left corner of your page and your kookaburra towards the bottom right corner, as shown in the layout above.
8. Cut three strips of white cardstock. They should be approximately 1cm high and of varying lengths (mine are 11.5cm, 13.5cm and 9.5cm). Use a black pen to draw a border around the inside of each and add your journaling in the centre. Glue one above the other in the space between your kangaroo and kookaburra stickers, as shown in the layout above.
9. Place your ‘Australia’ title sticker in the space above your photos, as shown in the layout above.
10. Finally, stick your boomerang sticker on white cardstock and cut it out. Again, try to leave a very thin white border all the way around it to help it stand out. Glue in the top right corner of the Brown speckle paper, as shown in the layout above.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.