These boy scrapbooking stickers from Reminisce are perfect for showcasing those special moments in your young man’s life – exploring the great outdoors, playing in the dirt, ripped jeans, grass stains and generally having fun. By combining them with a few simple techniques like inking to make your page look grubbier and distressing to create a worn effect, you can capture the perfect mood for your memories.
This layout was created using KI Dark Olive Linen paper, Scrap-Ease Marquina Marble Terra Cotta paper, KI Sand Linen paper, white cardstock, dark blue cardstock, brown ink and Reminisce Boys With Be Boys stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the purple KI Dark Olive Linen paper as your background. Ink the edges with brown ink. You may also like to smudge some brown ink across your background to reinforce your ‘boys will be boys’ theme.
2. Cut a piece of Scrap-Ease Marquina Marble Terra Cotta paper measuring approximately 18.3cm by 25.5cm. Run the edge of your scissors along the bottom and side edges (not the top) to create a distressed white edge. Scrunch up your paper and then flatten it out again. You should now have a nice worn effect. Complete the effect by making a small tear on the left edge towards the bottom left corner and on the right edge towards the top right corner. Fold back the flaps, as shown in the layout above.
3. Glue your Scrap-Ease Marquina Marble Terra Cotta paper vertically to your background so that it meets the top edge and is approximately 2cm from the left edge.
4. Cut the fire border sticker from Reminisce Boys With Be Boys stickers so that it is the same width as your terra cotta paper. Place it across your terra cotta paper approximately 1cm below the top edge, as shown in the layout above.
5. Cut a piece of KI Sand Linen paper measuring approximately 18.5cm by 25cm. Ink the edges with brown ink. When dry, glue vertically in the bottom right corner of your page.
6. Mat two 4×6 photos with white cardstock and again with dark blue cardstock. Glue one above the other approximately 5.8cm from the left edge, as shown in the layout above.
7. Cut your star border sticker into two pieces – one approximately 7cm long and the other approximately 14cm long. Place the larger piece vertically on your sand linen paper so that it is approximately 2.5cm from the right edge and the top meets the top of the paper. Place the smaller piece so that it meets the bottom edge and so that it is inline with the larger piece.
8. Select five stickers from Reminisce Boys With Be Boys stickers.
Place the largest over the gap in your star border sticker. Place the rest down the right side of your photos, as shown in the layout above.
9. Finish off by placing the ‘Mr Independent’ sticker towards the top left corner of your page, as shown in the layout above.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.
You should take part in a contest for one of the best sites on the web.
I am going to highly recommend this website!
Hi there very nice site!! Man .. Excellent ..
Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?
I’m happy to find so many helpful information here in the post, we need develop extra
techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . .
. . .
I savour, lead to I discovered just what I was
looking for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless
you man. Have a great day. Bye