Bright colours and playful stickers are often the perfect way to capture a child’s joy at just having fun. This layout shows how to incorporate these two elements into your layout while still retaining an element of sophistication by using your stickers to create boy scrapbooking tags.
This layout was created using Provo Craft Marine Reef paper, light blue and ocean blue Bazzill cardstock, bright blue cardstock, one wide blue ribbon and a selection of thinner blue ribbons, three white eyelets, three white brads, Hot Off The Press metallic tags, light blue alphabet stickers, dark blue ink, light blue ink and Suzy’s Zoo Corky the Turtle stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Mat your Provo Craft Marine Reef Paper on bright blue cardstock so there is a thin border of blue all around your page.
2. Cut a strip of light blue Bazzill cardstock approximately 5cm tall and glue across the bottom of your page.
3. Adhere a wide blue ribbon across the join between the light blue Bazzill cardstock and the rest of your page. I have chosen a light blue ribbon with white daisies, but the choice is up to you.
4. Tie another much thinner ribbon (I have used a blue plaid) around the large ribbon towards the right side of your page, as sown in the layout above.
5. Join two small metallic tags together with a white eyelet. Place an alphabet sticker on the top tag (I have used L) to create a monogram. Use another blue ribbon to tie them to the blue plaid ribbon you have already tied around your larger ribbon.
6. Cut a tag measuring approximately 6cm by 10.5cm from bright blue cardstock and lightly ink around the edges with dark blue ink. Place a white eyelet in the centre towards the top and thread ribbon through (again, I have used a blue plaid).
7. Cut a smaller tag measuring approximately 4cm by 6cm from light blue Bazzill cardstock and heavily ink the edges with light blue ink. Again, place a white eyelet in the centre towards the top and tie a different blue ribbon through.
8. Cut a rectangle measuring approximately 5cm by 7.5cm from ocean blue Bazzill cardstock. Adhere it at an angle to your large blue tag and tuck the small blue tag in behind it. See layout above for exact positioning.
9. Place your Suzy’s Zoo Corky the Turtle stickers in the centre of the ocean blue rectangle at an angle, as shown in the layout above. Adhere another ribbon along the bottom of your tag (I have used blue plain ribbon with the words ‘Simply Adorable’ printed on it). Further embellish by placing a white brad in the bottom right corner of your tag and two side by side above your blue rectangle. See the layout above for the correct positioning.
10. Glue your finished tag at an angle in the bottom left corner of your page.
11. Mat two vertical 4×6 photos with ocean blue Bazzill cardstock. Place them at angles with one tucked behind the other in the centre of your page.
12. Cut seven small triangles from bright blue cardstock. Glue one in each corner of each photo as photo corners.
13. Finally, use light blue alphabet stickers (or letters cut from light blue cardstock) matted on bright blue cardstock to create your title in the top right corner of your page.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.