Scrapbooking tags are great for embellishing a layout and easy to make with Christmas stickers. When using tags, I tend to place them a little haphazardly on a page to create a collage-like feel. However, this layout shows they can be just as effective in a balanced stream-lined layout.
This layout was created using two shades of green cardstock, Patchwork Cranberry Patchwork paper, Patchwork Cranberry paper, white cardstock, white buttons, foam tape and Pebbles Inc Family Ties stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the darker shade of green cardstock as your background.
2. Tear all the way around the edges of your Patchwork Cranberry Patchwork paper so you end up with torn white edges. Adhere to the centre of your background.
3. Cut two photo mats from your lighter shade of green cardstock. The size should be slightly bigger than the size of your photos. Do NOT glue your photo to them yet. Instead, mat two sticker strips with white cardstock and then adhere across the bottom of each photo mat, as shown in the layout above. You will need to trim them to size. Now you can glue your photos in the centre of each photo mat and glue them to your background, as shown above.
4. Adhere the large tag sticker towards the top right corner of your page so that it is up against the right edge. Allow it to slightly overlap your photo.
5. Cut your title out from Patchwork Cranberry paper and adhere to the centre of your large tag. Complete your tag by placing a small white button at the top, as shown above.
6. Cut out a second tag from your light green cardstock. It should measure approximately 12cm by 7cm. Glue towards the bottom left corner of your page so that it is up against the left edge.
7. Mat the large red square sticker with white cardstock and adhere to the left side of your tag. Mat the green leaf square sticker with white cardstock and adhere towards the right end of your tag so that it still leaves some green space on your tag and overlaps the first sticker (see above for exact placement). Finish off your tag by placing a white button at the top, as shown above.
8. Mat the remaining square stickers with white cardstock. Position around your page, as shown on the layout above. Adhere the two square stickers with regular adhesive. But, use foam tape for the three stickers featuring leaves. This will add dimension to your page.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking tags idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.