I have so many photos from our trips to Disney theme parks around the world that when I saw our new range of Disney stickers, I couldn’t wait to get scrapping. These photos are from a trip to Tokyo Disneyland.
Of course, you don’t have to use Disney stickers with photos from Disneyland. You could also use them with photos of your kids playing, your child’s favourite toys, your child entering an imaginary world while reading or even friends goofing around.
This layout was created using Junkitz Home Bouquet paper, Foofala Paper Stencil paper, Scrap Ease Purple Argyle paper, Red Weave paper (brand unknown), white cardstock, black cardstock, black ink and EK Success 3D Alice In Wonderland stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the Junkitz Home Bouquet paper as your background. Ink the edges with black ink and set aside to dry.
2. Cut a strip of Foofala Paper Stencil paper approximately 18cm wide. Following the shapes of the diamonds, cut a decorative edge down the left side. Alternatively, if you are not confident doing this, you could use decorative edged scissors to cut a fancy edge down the left. Ink the edges with black ink and when dry, glue vertically to your page approximately 1.2cm from the left edge.
3. Cut a strip of Scrap Ease Purple Argyle paper approximately 6.8cm wide. Ink the edges with black ink and when dry, glue vertically to your scrapbooking page approximately 4.5cm from the left edge.
PLEASE NOTE: The splash of purple (a royal colour) adds a sense of formality and sophistication to your scrapbooking page and is perfect for tying your colourful photos in with what would otherwise be a fairly restrained colour palette. It also helps showcase your Disney stickers.
4. Cut a piece of Red Weave paper measuring 24cm by 13cm. Tear along the bottom edge for added interest. I recommend tearing up from left to right so that the left side of your paper is bigger than the right side. Ink the edges with black ink and when dry, glue horizontally to your page approximately 5.6cm from the left edge and 10.2cm from the top edge.
5. Mat two vertical 4×6 photos and one horizontal 4×6 photo with white cardstock.
6. Glue your horizontal photo in the bottom left corner of your page approximately 3cm from the left edge and 2.2cm from the bottom edge.
7. Glue one of your vertical photos in place approximately 1.3cm from the right edge and 5.2cm from the bottom edge.
DO NOT GLUE YOUR THIRD PHOTO IN PLACE YET!
8. Cut out a large heart shape from black cardstock. It should be about 11cm wide and 10.5cm tall. Ink the edges with black ink and when dry, glue in place, as shown in the layout above. The bottom of the heart should cover the top left corner of your vertical photo from Step #7 and most of the left side of the heart will later be hidden behind your second vertical photo (which has not yet been glued in place).
9. Cut out a second, smaller heart shape from black cardstock. It should be about 6.5cm wide and 5.5cm tall. Ink the edges with black ink and when dry, glue in place, as shown in the layout above. The bottom of the heart should slightly overlap your horizontal photo from Step #6 and most of the right side of the heart will later be hidden behind your second vertical photo (which has not yet been glued in place).
10. Glue your second vertical photo above your horizontal photo so that the right edges of both photos are inline with each other.
11. Finally, decorate by placing your EK Success 3D Alice In Wonderland stickers around your layout, as shown above.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea using Disney stickers? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.