Grandparents play an important role in our lives so should also feature in our scrapbooks. But it’s not always easy to keep on top of all those wonderful photos we take. After all, the more we scrap, the more photos we seem to take! So, this week I thought I would share a quick and easy grandparents layout using cute family-themed stickers.
Materials Used: Me & My Big Ideas paper, green cardstock, cream cardstock, scalloped edged scissors, Beary Patch Denim Alphabet stickers and Sandylion Grandmas & Grandpas stickers.
To recreate this scrapbooking idea using scrapbooking stickers, follow these steps:
1. Use the Me & My Big Ideas paper as your background.
2. Cut a piece of green cardstock measuring approximately 18cm by 15cm. Glue it towards the top right corner of your page approximately 2.7cm from the right edge and 3.8cm from the top edge.
3. Mat a horizontal 4×6 photo with cream cardstock. Glue on top of your green cardstock from the previous step. Make sure you leave a gap of about 3.5cm between the bottom of your photo and the bottom edge of the green cardstock.
4. Mat a grandparents sticker from your sheet of Grandmas & Grandpas stickers with cream cardstock and glue towards the bottom right corner of your green cardstock, as shown above. It will overlap the bottom right corner of your photo.
5. Select a collection of small stickers like flowers, cupcakes and hearts. Arrange them in a line along the bottom edge of your green cardstock to create a nice accent for your photo.
6. Place a hummingbird sticker in the top left corner of your green cardstock.
7. Cut a strip of green cardstock approximately 4cm tall. Mat with cream cardstock. For a more interesting effect, use decorative edged scissors to create a scalloped edge along the bottom of your mat. When done, glue across your page approximately 2cm from the bottom edge.
8. Mat a grandparents sticker from your sheet of Grandmas & Grandpas stickers with cream cardstock and glue in the bottom left corner of your page on top of your strip of green cardstock.
9. Use Beary Patch Denim Alphabet stickers (or any other blue alphabet stickers) to write your title across your strip of green cardstock.
10. Finally, embellish your title with any remaining small stickers like flowers and a humming bird.
And there you have it! A layout you can whip up quickly and easily to ensure the special people in your lives appear in your albums.
I’d love to hear what you think of this grandparents stickers idea. Please leave a comment in the comments box below.