It’s not often that I get to scrap with pink, so I loved creating this page. These tulips were a gift from James (my husband and co-owner of Stickers ‘N’ Fun) and I just thought they were so beautiful they needed to be scrapped. I chose a clean, simple design from my 500 Scrapbooking Sketches book to keep the focus on my photos. If you like it, please leave a comment for me in the comments box below.
This layout was created using purple Bazzill cardstock, Autumn Leaves Paper Ribbons paper, white cardstock, small purple alphabet stickers, Suzy’s Zoo Easter Joy stickers, Bo Bunny White Shabby Random Phrases stickers and Doodlebug Designs Love Spell stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the purple Bazzill cardstock as your background.
2. Cut a piece of Autumn Leaves Paper Ribbons paper measuring approximately 25.74cm by 23.2cm. Using a pencil, lightly mark the spot 10.5cm up from the bottom right corner and the spot 10.5cm left of the bottom right corner. Cut a straight line between these two points so you now have a triangle.
3. Glue your triangle in the bottom right corner of your page.
4. Glue your remaining piece of Paper Ribbons paper up against the left edge of your page and approximately 4.3cm from the bottom edge.
5. Use Bo Bunny White Shabby Random Phrases stickers to create a collage of words on a diagonal line between your two pieces of Paper Ribbons paper, as shown above. Keep in mind that a section of these words will be covered later with your photo.
6. Mat two vertical photos and one horizontal photo with white cardstock. Position them on your page as shown above and glue down.
7. Mat the ‘love’ sticker from Doodlebug Designs Love Spell stickers with white cardstock and glue in the top left corner of your page as part of your title. Finish off your title with small purple alphabet stickers. If you wish, you can add journaling around your page with these same alphabet stickers. For example, I have written ‘From James’ underneath the photo of the single tulip and the date in the space above my horizontal photo.
8. Add a small heart sticker from Doodlebug Designs Love Spell stickers to the right of your title and a heart outline sticker somewhere down the right side of your page.
9. Finally, place a sticker (in my case, a mouse with a tulip) in the bottom right corner of your page.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.
I love the way you did this page. It is clean and simple, lets your eyes focus on the beauty of the flowers.
Thanks so much Kathy…I’m glad you like it. It was nice and quick too.
i love this page its beautiful