This week I wanted to share with you a scrapbooking idea that anyone with any level of experience could create and that could be adapted to suit any theme, any colours and any photos. So, I selected a sketch from my 500 Scrapbooking Sketches book and created this layout. I used photos from our trip to Coffs Harbour, but the same page design could literally be used for anything at all. Just switch the patterned papers and colours to ones you like and replace the dolphins with something more appropriate to your theme.
This layout was created using Autumn Leaves Blue Circles paper, Sandylion Light Blue Floral paper, Sassafras Lass Dreamy Dandy paper, Sassafras Lass Dreamy Tingle paper, Blue Plaid paper, white Bazzill cardstock, green Bazzill cardstock, a brown pen, a collection of miscellaneous alphabet stickers and Stickopotamus Shiny Sea Animals stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the purple Autumn Leaves Blue Circles paper as your background.
2. Cut a piece of Sandylion Light Blue Floral paper measuring approximately 6cm by 30.5cm. Glue it vertically down the left side of your page so it is right up against the left edge.
3. Cut a piece of Sassafras Lass Dreamy Dandy paper measuring approximately 10.4cm by 6cm. Glue it horizontally along the top edge approximately 5.6cm from the left edge.
4. Cut a piece of white Bazzill cardstock measuring approximately 22.8cm by 25.5cm. Glue it along the bottom edge of your page approximately 5.6cm from the left edge.
5. Glue a horizontal 4×6 photo in the top left corner of your white Bazzill cardstock leaving approximately 0.4cm of white showing around it.
6. Cut out three photos each measuring 6.5cm wide by 6cm tall. Arrange them one above the other down the right side of your white cardstock, as shown in the layout above. There should be approximately 0.4cm gap between each one.
7. Cut a piece of green Bazzill cardstock measuring approximately 10cm by 14.2cm. Using a brown pen, add your journaling to this piece. Cut a strip of Blue Plaid paper approximately 1cm tall. Glue horizontally across the bottom of your journaling block, approximately 1.1cm from the bottom edge. Add two small blue bubble stickers in the bottom right corner, as shown above. Glue your journaling block to your page in the space below your 4×6 photo.
8. Cut a piece of Sassafras Lass Dreamy Dandy paper measuring approximately 11.6cm by 5.6cm. Glue it horizontally in the bottom right corner of your white Bazzill cardstock leaving approximately 0.4cm of white showing around it.
9. Using a collection of different alphabet stickers, write your title on top of the Dreamy Dandy paper you just placed in the bottom right corner of your page.
10. Cut a piece of Dreamy Tingle paper measuring approximately 4.7cm by 8.2cm. Glue it vertically in the space left on your white cardstock, as shown above.
11. Finally, add a dolphin sticker in the top left corner of your page and half way day the right side of your page.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.