Now that you know how to use scrapbooking rub-ons (see previous blog post), I thought this week we’d have some fun with them. Rub-ons create a sense of sophistication, so even simple designs like the dandelion rub-on I have used below give your layouts elegance and style.
Click Here To View Me And My Big Ideas Retreat Rub-Ons
This layout was created using light brown paper, dark brown Bazzill cardstock, dark brown cardstock, Ruby Berry Flower paper, a brown pen, Beary Patch Red Alphablocks stickers, Creative Imaginations Coloured Circles Alphabet stickers, Junkitz Earth Alphabet rub-ons and Me And My Big Ideas Retreat Rub-Ons.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the light brown cardstock as your background.
2. Using a brown pen, drawn a border of squiggly lines all the way around your page approximately 1cm from the edge. Make sure it’s nice and messy!
3. Cut a strip of dark brown Bazzill cardstock approximately 13.5cm wide. Glue vertically to your page about 2.5cm from the right edge.
4. Glue a vertical 5×7 photo to your dark brown strip from the previous step, as shown in the layout above. It should be approximately 3.9cm from the top edge.
5. Cut a piece of Ruby Berry Flower paper measuring 12.7cm by 3.5cm. Glue in the space above your photo. The side edges should be inline with the side edges of your photo and the top edge should be up against the top edge of your page.
6. Cut a second piece of Ruby Berry Flower paper, this time measuring 12.7cm by 8.3cm. Glue in the space below your photo. Again, the side edges should be inline with the side edges of your photo and the bottom edge should be up against the bottom edge of your page.
7. Place the green dandelion rub-on down the left side of your page. When you are happy with it’s position, rub it on to your page.
8. Cut out the first letter of your title from dark brown cardstock and glue underneath the head of the dandelion, as shown above. Use a combination of alphabet stickers, rub-ons and cut-outs to create the rest of your title. (I have used Beary Patch Red Alphablocks stickers, Creative Imaginations Coloured Circles Alphabet stickers, Junkitz Earth Alphabet rub-ons and letters cut out from dark brown cardstock).
9. Place the red bird rub-on above your title so that the bird is looking at the head of your dandelion. When you are happy with it’s position, rub it on to your page.
10. Take the smallest red flower rub-on and cut off a length of stem approximately 5.5cm long. Place underneath your title (like an underline).
NOTE: If you wish to add journaling to your page, underneath your underline is a great space.
11. Decorate the area around your title with red and green flower rub-ons.
12. Place the larger of the two single-stemed red rub-ons in the bottom right corner of your page so that the stem goes up along the edge of your brown cardstock. When you are happy with it’s position, rub it on to your page.
13. Finally, take the remaining section of the red rub-on you cut in step #10 and create a branch on the rub-on the bottom right corner of your page, as shown above.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking rub-ons idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.
Thanks so much for your letter this week. I look forward to your email each week with so many wonderful inspirational ideas.
I just love using rub-ons when I first started buying rub-ons I would just buy and not use them but after using them a couple of times I am hooked they are so easy and make a great page and/or card. I now never have enough rub-ons
Happy Birthday to you