When I saw the new Paradise Found stickers by Moxxie, I just knew I had to scrap something with them. The tropical icons like palm trees and hibiscus flowers that feature on these stickers are matched with distinctive, bright colours for a stylish and unique look. Perfect for photos from our honeymoon in Tahiti!
Materials Used: Basic Grey Sultry Friar paper, Autumn Leaves Striped paper, Creative Imaginations Unit 22 paper, Bo Bunny Mango Luau Coconut paper, brown Bazzill cardstock, light brown cardstock, brown ink, Pink Paislee Captivating Alphabet stickers, Pink Paislee Enchanting Alphabet stickers, K&Company Brown Dots Alphabet stickers and Moxxie Paradise Found stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the Basic Grey Sultry Friar paper as your background.
2. Cut a strip of Autumn Leaves Striped paper 6cm wide. Ink the edges with brown ink. When dry, glue down the left side of your page approximately 1.3cm from the left edge.
3. Cut a piece of Creative Imaginations Unit 22 paper measuring 20cm by 14cm. Ink the edges with brown ink. When dry, glue to your page approximately 5cm from the left edge and 8cm from the top edge.
4. Place your palm tree sticker from Moxxie Paradise Found stickers towards the top right corner of your Unit 22 paper from step #3. Keep in mind where your photo will eventually go. Please refer to the picture above for exact placement.
5. Cut a piece of Bo Bunny Mango Luau Coconut paper measuring 23.5cm by 6.2cm. Ink the edges with brown ink. When dry, glue across your page approximately 3.8cm from the left edge and 3.5cm from the bottom edge.
6. Cut a piece from the underside of Bo Bunny Mango Luau Coconut paper measuring 5cm by 6cm. Ink the edges with brown ink. When dry, glue to your page approximately 2.5cm from the left edge and 8.6cm from the bottom edge.
7. Mat a horizontal 4×6 photo with light brown cardstock. Glue to your page approximately 7.2cm from the left edge and 7.6cm from the bottom edge.
8. Cut a strip of brown Bazzill cardstock measuring approximately 21cm by 1cm. Glue across your page approximately 3.2cm from the left edge and 5.3cm from the bottom edge.
9. Cut two of the hibiscus flowers away from your border sticker to make it a little shorter. Stick the remaining flowers down your page. It should follow the line of the right side of your Autumn Leaves striped paper, as shown above. It will also cover the left edge of your photo.
10. Decide on your title (in my case, my title is Our Own Little Island). Use dark brown alphabet stickers to write the last word of your title on the Unit 22 paper remaining above your photo.
11. Finish off your title using orange and green alphabet stickers above your Unit 22 paper as shown above.
12. Finally, arrange two leaf stickers and a hibiscus sticker towards the bottom right corner of your layout, as shown in the layout above.
And you’re done! You now have a bold and very distinct layout to add to your scrapbooking album. This design could easily be adapted to suit any beach photos or photos from holidays in tropical destinations like Tahiti, Fiji, Hawaii or Bali.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas for using beach stickers on your layouts and what you think of this page. Please leave a comment in the comments box below.