Lately I have been scrapping a lot of my photos from a trip my husband and I took to Coffs Harbour a few years ago and as a result, I have been playing around with all sorts of beach scrapbooking ideas. As with this layout, it is often a case of selecting the right colours, choosing the right stickers and letting the photos speak for themselves.
This layout was created using K&Company Blue Awning Green Floral Damask paper, KI Sand Linen paper, Foofala Brown Ivy paper, cream cardstock, light brown cardstock, green Bazzill cardstock, brown ink, a brown pen, Beary Patch Sand Alphabet stickers and Bo Bunny At The Beach stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the K&Company Blue Awning Green Floral Damask paper as your background.
2. Tear a square of KI Sand Linen paper approximately 27cm by 27cm. Glue to the centre of your page.
3. Cut a stripe of Foofala Brown Ivy paper approximately 9cm wide. Ink the edges with brown ink and when dry, glue vertically to your page approximately 3.5cm from the right edge.
4. Mat two horizontal 4×6 photos and two horizontal 3×4 photos with cream cardstock. Arrange them on your layout, as shown above, with your most important 4×6 photo in the top right corner.
5. Cut a piece of cream cardstock measuring approximately 12cm by 4cm. Using a brown pen, write your journaling on this piece. Ink the edges with brown ink and when dry, glue in the space underneath your second 4×6 photo, as shown above. Make sure you leave room to add a sandcastle to the left of this piece.
6. Cut a piece of green Bazzill cardstock measuring approximately 3cm by 4cm. Ink the edges with brown ink. Place an alphabet sticker in the centre to make the first letter of the first word of your title. Glue vertically and at an angle in the top left corner of your page, as shown above.
7. Cut a strip of light brown cardstock measuring approximately 10cm by 3cm. Using alphabet stickers, write the remainder of the first word of your title. Ink the edges with brown ink and glue horizontally next to your green rectangle from the previous step.
8. Cut a second strip of light brown cardstock measuring approximately 11cm by 3cm. Using alphabet stickers, write the second word of your title. Ink the edges with brown ink and glue horizontally underneath the first word of your title, as shown above.
9. Finally, mat a sandcastle sticker from Bo Bunny At The Beach stickers with cream cardstock and glue in the bottom left corner next to your journaling block.
What do you think? Do you like this beach scrapbooking idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.