One thing I love to do with my left over scrapbooking supplies is to make cards for my friends and family. So I thought I would share with you one of the card making ideas I have previously sent subscribers to my Free Card Making Classes. I hope you like it.
This card was created using dark blue Bazzill cardstock, Karen Foster Spots paper, brown cardstock, Creative Imaginations Sunlight Linen paper, brown fibre, foam tape, a brown pen, Sandylion Zoo Animals stickers, green alphabet stickers and Pebbles Inc Zoo Animals stickers.
To recreate this card making idea, follow these steps:
1. Cut a piece of dark blue Bazzill cardstock measuring 15cm by 20.6cm. Fold in half to create a card.
2. Cut a piece of Karen Foster Spots paper measuring 10.2cm by 14.3cm. Tear along each side to create a white edge. Glue to the centre of your card.
3. Cut a piece of Creative Imaginations Sunlight Linen paper measuring 6.4cm by 9.5cm. Using a brown pen, draw a border of dots all the way around the edges. Mat with brown cardstock.
4. Cut two pieces of brown fibre, each about 9cm long. Wrap them at angles around your rectangle and secure at the back, as shown in the card above. Make sure they go across the centre of your rectangle so you have room for your words.
5. Glue your rectangle vertically to the centre of your card.
6. Mat your elephant sticker with brown cardstock. Adhere to the middle of your rectangle with foam tape so that it pops out from your card.
7. Use your Zoo sticker and green alphabet stickers to add your message above and below your elephant sticker.
8. Finally, if you wish, add small animal stickers around the edges of your rectangle, as shown in the card above.
What do you think? Do you like this card making idea? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.