No matter what time of year it is, I always seem to thinking about Christmas scrapbooking ideas. Perhaps it’s because I seem to take more and more photos every holiday season and have to come up with quick and easy ideas to get them all scrapped before next Christmas! Or maybe it’s just all the adorable Christmas stickers that keep coming out!
Whatever it is, I just really enjoy scrapbooking Christmas photos, even in the middle of July. There are always so many fantastic products to play with and you can’t help but feel happy as you look back on your precious holiday moments.
In the layout below I have combined ribbon and Christmas ornament stickers to embellish my page and re-create the Christmas atmosphere. It’s a very easy technique and can be adapted to any size layout.
Materials Used: Bo Bunny Christmas Red Tidings paper, white cardstock, thin red and white gingham ribbon, black alphabet stickers, white alphabet stickers, Heartwarming Christmas Joy stickers and Reminisce Glitter Christmas Ornaments stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Cut your Bo Bunny Bo Bunny Christmas Red Tidings paper to 8 1/2″ by 11″. Use this for your background.
2. Select three vertical photos and mat with white cardstock.
3. Arrange your photos in the middle of your page, as shown above and glue into place. Make sure you leave about 4cm space at the top of your page.
4. Select four Christmas ornaments stickers you would like to use on your scrapbooking layout. Work out their placement based on the layout above, but do not stick them down yet.
5. Cut four pieces of ribbon, one for each ornament sticker. To work out the length of each piece, measure the distance from the top of the ornament to the top of the page and add about 3cm.
6. Take the ornament from the bottom right corner and the longest piece of ribbon. Thread the ribbon through the hole in the top of the ornament sticker so that about 1cm of ribbon is stuck to the back of the sticker. Stick the sticker on your layout and glue your ribbon in a straight line up to the top of the page. Fold any excess ribbon over the top edge of the page.
7. Repeat Step 6 for the other three Christmas ornament stickers.
8. Finally, use a combination of black alphabet stickers, white alphabet stickers and Heartwarming Christmas Joy stickers to add your journaling in the bottom right corner of your page, as shown in the layout above.
This simple yet effective Christmas scrapbooking idea is perfect for showcasing any of your Christmas holiday photos.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on Christmas Scrapbooking Ideas. Please leave a comment in the comments box below.