I love to challenge myself to find new and interesting ways of using scrapbooking stickers on my layouts and I find that my combining them with other elements, I can create a completely new and fresh look for my pages. For example, in this layout, I have used some Santa Claus stickers combined with a collage of tags and other scrapbooking elements to create a unique border down the left side of my page.
It’s a fabulous way to dress up your Christmas layouts, but the design can also be easily adapted to suit any theme.
Materials Used: Dark green Bazzill cardstock, Patchwork Cranapple Red Stripe paper, Hot off the Press Green Marble paper, White Magic Mesh, dark green cardstock, silver cardstock, white ink pad, red fibre, green brads and Sandylion Shiny Santa stickers.
To recreate this scrapbooking idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the dark green Bazzill cardstock as your background. Ink the edges with white ink for added interest. When you are done, set it aside to dry while you work on the rest of your page.
2. Using a template or a punch, cut four equal sized tags from your Patchwork Cranapple Red Stripe paper. Do the same with your Hot off the Press Green Marble paper. Pair up each red tag to a green tag.
3. Cut out (or punch out) four circles from dark green cardstock and mat each one with silver cardstock for some Christmas shine.
4. Centre a Sandylion Shiny Santa sticker in the middle of each circle from the previous step.
5. Cut four squares approximately 3cm by 3cm of white Magic Mesh.
You now have all the elements you need to create your border.
6. Play around with the positioning of your tags and Magic Mesh along your border, keeping in mind the layout above. When you have decided on your placement, adhere your pieces of Magic Mesh first. Everything else will be layered on top.
7. Before adhering your tags in place, first attach a fibre to each set. Remember that each red tag should be positioned on top of a green tag. Attach your tags to your background using green brads.
8. Add your Santa Claus circles as a finishing touch.
You have now created a wonderful border down the side of your page just from a handful of sweet stickers and scraps of paper. Add your photos and any other embellishments you wish to finish the rest of your page.
I’d love to hear what you think about this Santa Claus stickers scrapbooking idea. Please leave a comment in the comments box below.
Click Here For More Scrapbooking Ideas