I fell in love with the Wild Saffron papers from K&Company the moment I saw them and got straight to work (or should I say play) figuring out how I should use them. They were so easy to use, especially with all the swirls! I just love the organic feel. This layout just fell into place. What do you think? Please let me know by leaving a comment in the box at the bottom of this page. Thank you!
This layout was created using K&Company Red Swirl Paper Pack, Creative Imaginations Baroque paper, light brown cardstock, dark brown cardstock, brown ink, a brown pen, Alphabet stickers (mine are from American Greetings) and K&Company Glitter Birds and Flowers stickers.
To recreate this scrapbook page idea, follow these steps:
1. Use the underside of Yellow Flowers paper from K&Company Red Swirl Paper Pack as your background (the underside is a light brown paper with brown dots).
2. Using brown ink, ink all the way around the edges of your background.
3. Using a brown pen, draw a border around the edges of your background, as shown above. Don’t worry about being neat – the messier the better.
4. Cut a piece Creative Imaginations Baroque paper measuring approximately 19cm by 14.5cm. Ink the edges with brown ink and when dry, glue horizontally to your page approximately 1.5cm from the bottom and right edges.
5. Take your Red Swirl paper from your K&Company Red Swirl Paper Pack and carefully cut out the swirls from the bottom right corner, as shown above. This will be placed in the bottom left corner of your page, but do not glue down yet.
6. Again using your Red Swirl paper, cut out swirls for the top left and right corners of your page, as shown above. Put them aside for now.
7. Cut a piece from the underside of the remaining Red Swirl paper measuring approximately 18.9cm by 13.1cm. Ink the edges with brown ink and when dry, glue horizontally to your page approximately 3.7cm from the right edge and 2.1cm from the top edge.
8. Mat a horizontal 4×6 photo with light brown cardstock and glue to the centre of the piece from the previous step. Keep in mind that sections of the top part of this photo will be covered up later by your swirls.
9. Mat a horizontal 5×7 photo with light brown cardstock and glue on top of your Baroque paper approximately 2.2cm from the right edge of your page and 2.5cm from the bottom edge of your page. Keep in mind that the left section of this photo will be covered up later by your swirls.
10. Glue the large red swirls that you cut out in Step #5 in the bottom left corner of your page. If you wish, you can embellish your swirls with flowers cut out from the underside of your Red Swirl paper.
11. Glue your next set of swirls in the top right corner of your page. Cut out a flower from the underside of your Red Swirl paper and glue it below your swirls. Then glue another small swirl below that, as shown above.
12. Glue another small swirl section in the top left corner of your page, as shown above.
13. Place a red glitter swirl sticker from K&Company Glitter Birds and Flowers stickers in the bottom right corner of your page.
14. You are going to place your bird with swirls stickers from K&Company Glitter Birds and Flowers stickers near the bottom right corner of your top photo, but before you do so, mat the red bird and red heart stickers with light brown cardstock (otherwise you will not be able to see them against the background). Then stick them and the rest of your stickers in place.
15. Cut out the first letter of your title from dark brown cardstock. Glue towards the bottom left corner of your page, as shown above. Finish off your title with alphabet stickers matted with dark brown cardstock.
What do you think? Do you like this scrapbooking idea with Wild Saffron paper? Do you have any questions? Would you have done anything different? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.